Sunday, November 4, 2012

Shopping this week...

Hi Friends,
I just thought I would give a little tip I have picked up on over the years of trying to shop frugally.  You may already know this.  When you are shopping Winco you will find these containers at the end cap of their bulk aisle.  They are seasonings, herbs, etc.  I have found that if I buy a bag of herbs for like $2.50 a pound it usually costs me $.50 or less to fill my container of something such as parsley or basil.  If I were to buy the McCormick or other seasoning in the container it costs at least $1 or more. 
 
At the every bottom of this display are small containers - the smallest is like $.98.  I bought a few of those and reused the containers for a few others and just buy a bag of the seasonings when I get low and label them and refill.  I love this method! 
 
I also saw that the Guittard chocolate chips are $1.78 at Winco!  Best deal on chocolate chips I have found in at least a year and I love this brand.  Good time to buy some especially if you are wanting to store a few bags. 
 
A few other deals this week:
*Did you know you can take the ad from any store and find the same item at Walmart and they will match the price so you don't have to run around to 3 stores every week?   Just have to show the ad to the cashier as you are checking out.  One of my favorite methods of shopping! 
 
Smiths - until Tuesday
when you buy 10 participating items
American Beauty Pasta $.49
Stove Top Stuffing $.79 - print $1 off 2 from www.coupons.com = $.29
Kraft Salad Dressing $1.69 - print $1 off 2 from www.coupons.com = $1.19
Kraft Marshmallows $.69 - print $.50 off 2 from www.coupons.com = $.44
 
 
Albertsons - until Tuesday
Chex cereal $1.88 - print $1 off 2 at www.coupons.com = $1.38
 
Fred Meyer - until Saturday
15 oz Pumpkin Pie filling $.99
4 lb bag of C&H sugar $1.99 (limit 1) - use coupon from Sunday $.50 off 1 = $1.49
If you price match this at Walmart they won't limit you.  Fred Meyer will allow you to do more than 1 if you split the transactions.
2 lb powdered and brown sugar $1.50
 


No comments:

Post a Comment