Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Week #8 Tools & Communication

Week #8 we will be collecting all the supplies we need for Tools and Communication.

A few items you will want to make sure you have are:
a whistle
compass                      

They make these 5 in 1 with whistle & compass for $1.50 or a plain whistle for $.50..  I will be placing an order on May 16 if anybody is interested in ordering these for their family.
notebook & pencil
personal emergency phone book (other than your phone)
battery operated radio and extra batteries
Our radio looks similar to this one and I bought it years ago.  I think I remember it being about $15.  We have 1 for our entire family.  You can determine how many you need.  You can get them for $10.95 from Emergency Essentials. or something similar at Walmart for $9.

A leatherman, super glue and a lighter are the only "tools" we have in our 72 hour kits right now.  My grandpa gave me a pair of these scissors a few years back which are selling on Ebay and they would be a good addition.  I have loved them and keep them in my purse.

 Be sure to check the suggestions listed on the 72 hour kit list here for a more complete list.
























No comments:

Post a Comment