Monday, April 15, 2013

72 Hour Kits Week 6

Just a heads up - I thought we were going to be able to cover everything in 7 weeks, but it is going to be more like 12 weeks.  I think this will be more feasible for everybody.

So week #6 we will be gathering food in preperation to the activity we will be having next Thursday night.  We will have access to mylar bags and the bag sealer so all dry food you may want to seal can last up to 5 years.

Examples would be: jerkey, oatmeal packets, granola bars, fruit roll ups, etc.

If you'd like to use the sealer, please contact me to schedule a slot.  We will be doing it from 10am-12 and 6-8pm on Thursday, April 25th.

I will also give you a few ideas of food that will last longer than 5 years as examples.  You can purchase these at Emergency Essential website or you can also find similar products in Walmart or Sportsmans for similar price.  I am sure Preparedness Store sells them as well.

These are packets of food that only need water and some heat to make.  My husband has taken both when he goes backpacking and I don't think he much prefers one over the other.   They do have a long storage life and are a great option for 72 hour kits.  We are planning to use this option just for the sake of not having to rotate so often.


No comments:

Post a Comment