Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Welcome!

Friends,
I am humbled to have the calling as RS Emegency Preparedness Coordinator.   I am far from perfect in this area and recognize this as an opportunity to better prepare myself and my family for a crisis.  I am excited to learn some new things and hopefully help educate all of us a little more.

I have been a bit overwhelmed with where to start because there is so much helpful information out there.  I decided a good place might be to request some questions from you.  I want to list a few and ask you email me or comment on this blog post with some ideas of where we should focus.  I would love to do a weekly Q & A on here and give me some specifics to research.  I also might ask a few of you experts to "guest post" occasionally if you are willing.
I hope you will check back often and join me on the journey to emergency preparedness!

Should be loads of fun!
                   Jessica Braithwaite


What area of emergency preparedness do you feel you need the most help?
                     water storage                72 hour kits              food storage             other

Is there a specific part of emegency preparedness you would like researched?
                    For example:   I don't know which kind of storage container is best for water.

Any other questions you might have about emegency preparedness that we could answer on this blog?

3 comments:

  1. Jessica,

    You will be great at this calling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can live without food a little longer than water-- let's start there! And FUEL... How to keep our home warm in power outage in winter and cook for extended period of time if no gas/electric and limited propane.-- those are my concerns....because I'm not prepared there for much more than a week. Laila

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not prepared - at all! If there were any kind of crisis we would be in big trouble. I feel overwhelmed with all there is to do and don't know where to begin!

    ReplyDelete